ABN 29 128 893 667
Under no circumstances will information be sold or made available to marketing agencies or similar parties not involved with us. You have the right to opt out of mailings. You can access personal information by writing to:
The Privacy Officer
The Footpath Library
PO Box 1143
Newport Beach 2106
1. Your Rights
We respect and uphold your right to privacy protection. The provisions of this Policy are evidence of our commitment to that protection. This Policy applies to all personal information held in our database.
2. Information Collection
We will, at all times, collect personal information in a fair and lawful manner. The following information about you may be held securely by us:
– Full name
– address & telephone number(s)
– e-mail address
– bank account and credit card information
– donation information
– your signature/authorities
3. Information – purpose & usage
a) Your information including your e-mail address will be used for two primary purposes:
1. to ensure the proper functioning of the our donor program; and
2. subject to the restrictions set out in this paragraph it will be used for our marketing, planning, product development and research requirements.
b) We will not use or disclose or permit the use or disclosure of your information that could be used to identify you in any circumstances except to ensure the proper functioning of our donor process in relation to you (for example, to confirm your donation or to tell you about special events or offers) and for these purposes your information may be disclosed by us to an agent retained by us under conditions of confidentiality.
Examples of the agents referred to in paragraph 3(b) ) are data processing and data analysis agents, printing contractors and our volunteer team. Information will only be provided to these agents to the extent necessary to enable them to undertake their contracted roles in the operation of the donor program
4. We undertake to give proper and responsible consideration to privacy issues associated with the introduction of new marketing devices or technology
5. Due to the importance of your privacy, our Policy on Information Privacy will be reviewed and monitored regularly. A copy is available by contacting our Privacy Officer.
6. If you are concerned with the way we have handled your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer with your complaint. We will make available to you a privacy complaint form, which you will be required to complete and return to us. This will ensure the prompt investigation of your complaint. If we have not handled your personal information in an appropriate way we will take steps to remedy your concerns promptly. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by emailing email@example.com or writing to above address.
7. Your right to opt out
From time to time, promotional offers and special events will be communicated to you. You have the right to opt out of these additional communications and can do so by requesting this in writing to us, email is also acceptable.
8. Security safeguards
a) We undertake to take reasonable steps necessary to ensure that your information is secure from any unauthorised access or disclosure.
9. Cookies and Log Files
Cookies may be used on some areas of our website. A cookie is a small file placed on a user’s hard drive which tracks website navigation. For example, a cookie can be used to store registration information so that a user does not need to re-enter it on subsequent visits. If you are concerned about cookies, most browsers have an option which permits users to refuse a cookie. A user can refuse a cookie and still fully navigate our website. In order to collect user statistics we may anonymously log information, and identify categories of users by items such as domains and browser types.
a) Our Policy is available on our homepage or otherwise on request.
b) You may request access to your personal information held on our donor database. Such requests must be in writing to us. A fee for reasonable costs incurred may be charged in responding to these written requests, such a fee being made known to you before it is incurred.
c) You have the right to update any incorrect contact details.